Here are our attractions, displays and events at the 2013 Show:
- Terrier Racing - fast and furious, enter your own dog too
- Falconry - amazing flying demonstration, children can take part too
- Dog and Duck Show - not sheepdogs, but duckdogs!
- Parade of Hounds - traditional parade by local foxhound and beagle packs
- Gun Dog Parade - the finale of the Retriever Team Challenge
- Air Display - a spectacular display of aerobatics over the showground
Music & Dance
A variety of traditional and country music, dancing and singing.
- New Forest Yokels - traditional West Country Scrumpy music
- Wessex Morris Men - a touch of Olde England
- Yetminster Irish Dancers - traditional and contemporary Irish dance
- Blackdown Hills Steel Band - the sound of the West Indies in the West Country
- Sherborne Town & Youth Bands - Sherborne's own brass bands
- Stanchester Quire - a talented local folk choir
Static & Roving Performers
- Gymnastics Displays - spectacular acrobatic demonstrations by two local clubs
- Mr Topples - traditional Punch & Judy show
- Dragons of Wye-ten - amazing performing dragon puppets
- Frances Eustace - medieval strolling minstrel
- Street Organ - Hurdy Gurdy music from a bygone era
- Magicians - time travelling Victorian Magic
- 17th Century Village - demonstrating all aspects of village life from 400 years ago.
Rare Breeds Show (click here for further details)
The rare, minority, and native breeds show includes competitions and displays of sheep, cattle, pigs and horses, with commentaries about the stock and their history - including displays of heavy horses and sheep shearing.
- The Sheep Show - sheep entertainment with dancing sheep too!
- Parade of Heavy Horses - a nostalgic glimpse of the past
- Parade of Goats in Harness - all shapes and sizes!
- Parade of Rare & Traditional Breeds - unusual and rare breeds of ponies, sheep, pigs and cattle
Fur, Feather & Scale
- Salmon & Trout Association - practical advice and tuition on fly fishing
- Angling Development Board - practical angling tuition
- Mediterranean Miniature Donkeys - definitely with the "Aahh" factor!
- Ferret Racing - meet and handle the ferrets
- Gore Farm Children's Corner - meet and handle a wide range of baby farm animals and poultry
An eclectic and nostalgic display of vintage cars, lorries, motorcycles and farming machinery. Also steam Showmen's and Traction Engines.
Dog Show & Events
- Retreiver Team Challenge (click here for further details) - Gun Dog teams compete all day in the deer park with final by the lake
- Gun Dog Scurries (click here for further details) - open to all
- Companion Dog Show (click here for further details) - open to all; held under Kennel Club Rules
- Obedience Dog Competition - for starters and beginners to have fun
- Canine Partners - demonstrations by these wonderful dogs who help people with disabilities
- Splashpals - Newfoundland rescue dogs demonstrate their skills in the lake
Dragon Boat Racing sponsored by AgustaWestland (click here for further details)
Up to 30 teams will compete on the lake all day in this spectacular event. Each team is raising money for its chosen charity through sponsorship.
Circus (click here for further details)
Circus workshops, clowning and stunts will be performed throughout the day in the eco-friendly Big Top.
- Craft Courtyard - a wide range of trade stands selling all manner of craft items
- Rural Crafts - demonstrations and sales of traditional rural crafts
Food & Drink
- Food Hall - lots of mouth watering delicacies from local producers and traders
- Dorset Farmers' Market - cookery demonstrations throughout the day near the Food Hall
- Catering Stands - a wide range of food to suit all tastes throughout the showground
- Beer Tents - needs no introduction!
Silent Auction (click here for further details)
Lots of lots for you to bid for - events, art, food, wine etc, etc.
Around the Showground for All Ages
- Climb Vertigo - climbing wall, water walkers and Zorbs
- Fun Fair - all sorts of traditional rides and stalls
- Funtasia - bouncy castle, rodeo bull, bungee run and more
- Laser Clay Pigeon Shooting - try your skills
- Yeo Bowmen - archery under expert tuition for all
- Little Landys - miniature electric landrovers for children to drive
- Sunnyside Donkeys - donkey rides along the beautiful lake shore
- Trigger the Train - take a ride round the showground in the colourful land train
- Model Boats - a wonderful display of working model boats and warships on the lake
- The Army - the Dorset Yeomanry, our local Territorial Army unit
Over 200 trade stands selling items to suit all tastes and pockets - real retail therapy!