We are proud to present a huge range of Attractions, Events and Displays for 2015, appealing to all ages.
- Terrier Racing - fast and furious, enter your own dog as well
- Dog & Duck - not Sheepdogs but Dogducks!
- Falconry - amazing flying demonstration with some unusual birds of prey
- Parade of Hounds - traditional parade by local foxhound and beagle packs
- Heavy Horse Display - a wonderful parade from yesteryear
- Air Display - a spectacular display of aerobatics by a vintage Tiger Moth
- Gun Dog Parade - the finale of the Retriever Team Challenge
Circus (click here for further details)
Circus workshops, clowning and stunts will be performed throughout the day in the eco-friendly Big Top.
Music & Dance
A variety of traditional and country music, dancing and singing.
- New Forest Yokels - traditional West Country Scrumpy music
- Yetminster Irish Dancers - our favourite local Irish dance group
- Sherborne Town & Youth Bands - Sherborne's own brass bands
- Gillingham Imperial Silver Band - and another from nearby Gillingham
- The Musikzug Viktoria Hille Band - an international sound from Germany
- Wessex Morris Men - a touch of Old England
- Street Organ - traditional Hurdy-Gurdy music from a bygone era
Static & Roving Performers
- Gymnastics Displays - spectacular acrobatic demonstrations by two local clubs
- Puppet Show - stories and fairytales in the old fashioned way
- Punch & Judy - that's the way to do it!
- Frances Eustace - medieval strolling musician
- Splashpals - loveable Newfoundland rescue dogs
- Sea Cadet Brig - realistic model 18th century Brig
Fur, Feather, Wool & Scale
- The Sheep Show - fantastic entertainment, with dancing sheep too
- Fly Fishing - practical advice and tuition
- Alpacas - loveable and pretty too
- Mediterranean Miniature Donkeys - even more "Aahh" factor!
- Gore Farm Children's Corner - meet and handle lots of young farm animals
- Polly's Parrots - display and demonstration of these colourful birds
Rare Breeds Show (click here for further details)
The rare, minority, and native breeds show includes competitions and displays of sheep, cattle, pigs and horses, with commentaries about the stock and their history - including displays of heavy horses.
An eclectic and nostalgic display of vintage cars, lorries, motorcycles and farming machinery. Also steam traction and showman's engines.
Activities & Displays
- Fun Fair - all sorts of traditional rides and stalls
- Yeo Bowmen - archery under expert tuition for all
- Wilderness Survival - hands-on survival and country skills
- Sunnyside Donkeys - donkey rides along the lake shore
- Sherborne Literary Society - story telling for children and a Teddy Bear's Picnic
- Trigger the Train - take a ride in this colourful land train
- Model Boats - a display of working model warships and boats on the lake
- The Army - the Dorset Yeomanry, our local Territorial Army unit
- Funtasia - bouncy castle, rodeo bull, bungee running and more
- Climb Vertigo - climbing wall and water walkers
- Segway Riders - try your skills on these two-wheeled gyro scooters
- Crazy Golf - not the Royal and Ancient, but try your skills
Dog Show & Events
- Retreiver Team Challenge (click here for further details) - Gun Dog teams compete all day in the Deer Park
- Gun Dog Scurries (click here for further details) - test your dog's skills
- Companion Dog Show (click here for further details) - a wide range of fun classes, open to all; held under Kennel Club Rules
- Obedience Dog Demonstration & Competition - for beginners to have fun
- Canine Partners - demonstrations by dogs who help the disabled
- Fly Ball Demonstration
Dragon Boat Racing (click here for further details)
Up to 30 teams will compete on the lake all day in this spectacular event. Each team is raising money for its chosen charity through sponsorship.
Silent Auction (click here for further details)
Lots of lots for you to bid for - events, art, food, wine etc, etc.
- Craft Courtyard - a wide range of craft-related trade stands
- Rural Crafts - demonstrations of traditional rural crafts
Food & Drink
- Food Hall - lots of mouth-watering delicacies from local producers and traders
- Dorset Farmers' Market - cookery demonstrations and stalls
- Catering Stands - to suit all tastes throughout the showground
- Beer Tents - need no introduction!
Over 200 trade stands selling items to suit all tastes and pockets - real retail therapy!